We are looking for a Head of Business Area Real Time Communications
CLX is a highly successful, global, CPaaS (Communications Platform as a Service) software company providing messaging, voice and video solutions to enterprises and partners using web service APIs.
CLX has been profitable from the start and has continuously grown its business both organically and through 9 acquisitions, where two of the acquired companies, Sinch and Vehicle, have added strategic portfolio additions. Teamwork and outstanding customer service is a vital part of our value proposition, and we are now getting ready for our next exciting journey as we expand our product portfolio and geographical footprint while strengthing our strategic customer, partner and developer engagements.
We are riding on a very strong trend that customer communication is moving into the cloud and companies are building programmable interfaces for mobile communcation into their customer engagement processes. We are able to direct our offerings to anything from small enterprises, to large digital natives around the world. This part of the market is already a multi-billion dollar market and growing with estimated 40% to 50% / year.
With a revenue of close to 4bn SEK, and highly profitable, we are one of Sweden’s largest SaaS/Cloud companies. We are publicly listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. We have grown revenue from 0 to 4bn SEK in 10 years and have never needed to bring in external capital except to finance M&A. We have always been profitable.
Majority of our revenue is generated in North America and we successfully serve the worlds most demanding enterprises – serving 8 of the top 10 largest US IT/internet companies. CLX Communications is headquarterd in Stockholm and is a publicly listed company on Nasdaq Stockholm.
Working Life at CLX
Work should be challenging, inspiring and fun. At CLX we take work seriously but not necessarily ourselves. Working at CLX includes among other things: Hard work, Professionalism, Diverse cultures, Honesty, Passion, Quality, Fun, Long distance conference calls, Growth, New experiences, and Success.
Working with the right people and having a strong value-based culture is important to us.
Head of Business Area Real Time Communications
As Head of Business Area Real Time Communications, you will be fully responsible for the voice/video/verification business with a turn over around 100MSEK and the opportunity to double that business during coming years as the market is in rapid growth.
You will be P&L responsible measured on product contribution incl ownership of the R&D budget.
Our Real Time Products consists of cloud service offerings for PSTN Voice, Voice verification, VoIP and Video together with their corresponding Android and iOS native SDKs. Our voice platform supports all combinations of PSTN-App in/out calls, for video we use WebRTC. The service is available globally and runs as a global communication platform in AWS, built using technologies like SIP, Asterisk, .NET Core and Docker.
Our Voice and Video offer is a key component of our CPaaS offering today and we are evolving into rich media and automated conversational communication flows. Strategically, Real Time Communications plays a central role to the business plan for CLX.
As a Business Area head for IP voice and video, you will assume the responsibility for sustainable and profitable growth for the service offering. You will work close to key clients and explore new use cases with digital native companies like Uber and Didi and drive the evolution of the product area from “ridehailing” to other segments such as contact centers.
We are looking for an experienced commercially oriented business leader with good understanding of the VoIP operator and provider market, technical background with good understanding of software engineering, and aaS business model.
As Head of Business Area Real Time Communications (RTC) you will;
- be overall responsible for setting our long term vision and strategy for our Voice, Video and verification cloud based service product strategy and roadmaps
- develop new and incrementally evolve products by identifying potential products; conducting market research; engaging with strategic customers, using online insights, generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; developing marketing strategies.
- increase profitability of our Voice, Video and Verification products during product life cycle in a rapidly growing market.
- recommend make/buy/partner decisions for optimum ROI and guide M&A team where it makese sense.
- own and allocate the Voice, Video and Verification product development R&D budget to engineering and partners in optimum way.
- Guide the operations organization to achieve set targets, as well as platform support dimensions such as cloud APIs suite, SDK/libraries and developer resources.
- work closely with Product Management collegues for selfservce portal/online sales, which is part of today’s and future business.
- work closely with, and direct, RTC engineering teams and technical product owners supporting an agile workflow
- work closely with, and direct, RTC product marketing, supporting an aigle workflow where product, engineering and product marketing will work hand in hand for speed and innovation.
- work closely with regional sales organizations, key clients and prospects and stay updated on competitiors offerings and progress.
- need to enjoy spending time in the market to understand customer problems and challenges, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
- serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
As head of Business Area Real Time Communications you need to;
- possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality with proven product management experience securing profitable growth in rapidly evolving area.
- Posess a proven experience in the IP Voice and Video domains, bringing technology and products to the market.
- be a strong leader that builds a strong product team across product management, engineering, operations, sales and marketing, management organization and understand how to manages multiple stakeholders.
- be an excellent communicator in multiple settings both building trustworthy relationships with key customers, address larger audience at events, and get people to buy in to your vision and strategies with clear transparency about your prioritizations.
- be a ruthless prioritizer while balancing the needs of customers and stakeholders, and be able to say “No” but explain why in terms that stakeholders understand.
- have proven business development experience and results from a product management perspective managing products in various phases of its lifecycle.
- have experience from working with cloud delivery models and supporting both field sales and online sales channels.
- understand sales requirements and preferably having work experience from customer facing activities in the the area of Voice and Video technologies.
- understand the software development process and having work experience from engineering working in an agile way is a plus
- have working understanding of cyber and information security
- have experience from managing P&L from a product perspective and have a solid financial understanding.
- ability to travel. Our business is global with clients in literally all regions of the world. Our colleques are located in all regions and particularly Sweden, UK and the USA.
Expected start date is beginning of February 2019, or sooner, and preferred location is Stockholm.