Job Title: Support Engineer
Reports to: Head of Support, Kalmar
Location: Kalmar, Sweden
CLX is now looking for a Support Engineer to join our support team in Kalmar. In the position as Support Engineer you will give qualified support to operators and enterprises world-wide.
We think you have a drive and passionate interest for customer service and hands on technical work. You are detail oriented and have a will to evolve in a truly unique technical role. These qualities are equally important parts in individual work and for the team as a whole.
You strive to always give the best possible service and support in any given scenario.
While the role is based in Sweden, the Support Engineer role requires fluency in English as both customers and co-workers are globally based.
We offer you an exciting work place with talented co-workers, interesting tasks and a chance to join the Company of the Year in the yearly Swedish Mobile Awards 2017. If this is something that sounds like you and makes you excited, then we'd like to meet you.
What we offer
You will play an important role in our growing and exciting journey, working with some of the best and most experienced people in the global mobile communication industry. We put a lot of emphasis to keep a strong core team and it is therefore essential for us to find the right individual with the right motivation and potential to grow within the company.
We are energetic, pragmatic, and humble and we get things done. As a truly global company, working with us means having the freedom and autonomy needed to succeed. We constantly challenge ourselves and each other to excel at what we do best. We motivate and encourage our employees to be their very best, every day.
We believe in work/life balance, and in making it possible to relax, be ourselves and enjoy the working day and the challenges it brings. We want you to do your best work at CLX and that means having fun and feeling taken care of. Apart from great colleagues, challenging work, a non-corporate atmosphere and a company with a vision, you also get a competitive Perks & Benefits package.
Take your chance to be part of an amazing team and join our exciting journey.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Providing qualified support via email to operators and enterprises world-wide
· Integration and maintenance of customers and suppliers to the CLX technical platform
· Monitoring traffic trends and the production environment
· Assisting in documenting processes and the various tasks performed
· Deep-level troubleshooting on both software and network layers
· Supporting colleagues and the sales team before, during and after customer integration
· Work directly with customers on technical enquiries and provide technical advice during meetings
· You have a 2-3 year university education within Computer Science or previous and relevant experience within the field of work.
Skills and experience
· Prior experience with hands on work towards customers
· Basic knowledge of UNIX and Linux systems
· Understanding of the TCP/IP protocol suite
· Knowledge of packet capture and analysis using Wireshark
· Background in telecoms and wireless communication
· Previous knowledge of the mobile communications standards such as GSM and 4G
· Understanding of the SS7 protocol suite and SIGTRAN
· Basic knowledge of SQL